VPI Scoutmaster or Nottingham Space Deck...?

Hey guys, I need some advice from some seasoned vinyl junkies out there!

I'm getting back into vinyl, and have it narrowed down to these two fine tables.

Is there much of a difference, sonically, between them?
Plus's / minus's of ea.?

Thanks to any & all.
denf
4yanx - I obviously touched a raw nerve! I had heard NA at shows and not been impressed but having read effusive reviews here and elsewhere went along to a dem with high expectations.

I'd say that the Spacedeck is better than a Linn - delivering prat and better bass resolution, however it didn't match up to the expectations. It may be a good deal new or used but it didn't float my boat.

Whilst you were quick to disagree with my comment on the 'table I noted that we are in agreement about the Ace Space arm being a step up from a modded Rega.

The polarization I have come across is that flat-earthers rate the NA tables and others who prefer tubes (e.g. Hifi World magazine) consistently rate the Michell tables above the Nottingham.
More documentation or more glitzy, Jeff? While the documentation sheet is actually a photocopy of a drawing of the table and parts, it does, at least in my experience, cover what you need to know to set up and run the table. Nothing more, nothing less. What else would you like to see added? (not trying to be a smart-ass, just wondering) Granted, it isn't a glossy layout and doesn't go on and on congratulating you for buying the best table known to man as many do, but it does what it is intended to do (at least it did for me). I have Tom Fletcher's number here somewhere, though, if you want to make suggestions to him.
I replied with a neutral and "politically correct" response earlier as you will have many people on both sides of both tables you had listed.

In my personal experience I have heard both and at the price point felt the Spacedeck with Ace Space arm was quite a bit better than the Scoutmaster. So much so, I now own a Spacedeck.

I have heard others argue that you can throw money at the VPI on upgrades and exceed the performance of the Spacedeck and Ace Space arm. That may be the case, however I felt at the $3,000 range the table should do certain things well enough without further upgrades. I chose to spend the rest on a decent phono amp and cartridge. (Whest PS.20 & ZYX Airy 3S-SB) ...

However, the best advice I could give is stated above - go listen for yourself, if you can find a dealer that carries both. I was lucky enough to hear both the Scoutmaster, the Spacedeck, and the Michell Gyro SE in the same system. Granted, one hade a different cartridge, two were the same and setup may have been more dialed in on one table moreso than the other, however after multiple times listening in various areas, the Nott Spacedeck with the Ace Space arm was preferred over the others I listened to...

Good luck on your search.
4yanx - No fussing intended. I thought better documentation might be a helpful suggestion for anyone who conversed with Mr. Fletcher. Sometimes vendors appreciate constructive feedback.
If you found the documentation to be thorough (Sp?) and appropriatly informative, great!
Happy listening.
I own the Hyperspace. It was my first & so far only turntable. The instructions weren't perfect for sure. But I was able to setup the turntable in a few minutes. Unpacking the table was the most difficult of the work. I have called Nottingham in UK w. questions. They were very nice to speak with. Phone rates are low enough to call if you need to. The only thing is the time difference which I am sure can be worked out. As for comparisons, I never did compare it & do agree that it does have a sound. But it will last a life time & the sound is very "black". No noise. I am considering upgrading & upgraded my entire system so far but the Hyperspace is still with me. I just doubt I can do much better without spending a lot more money. I wouldn't worry about setup at all. It was really almost too easy. If you want to tinker then get a different turntable. 4yanx descriptions of setup are spot on IMO. Don't get the heavy kit version of the Space Deck though. Either a Hyperspace or space deck. The Ace Space arm is the best matching arm in the price range for a Nottingham table. They are voiced that way.