Xindak Cable Question

Hi,

Based on the recommendation of many fellow Gonners here and first hand account of many satisfied users I have decided to give these a try. Wondering what the general opinion on break in time is? Also, is FS-Gold their top-of-the-line?
amal
Thanks Brainwater.

I did read Keith's FS-1 review in Stereotimes, where he was mighty impressed. Looking at the prices at least, it appears that Gold is top-of-the-line (most expensive). I know this is not a fair comparison by any means, but how would you compare the FS-1 with Valhalla? Since you have both, I thought you might have an opinion.

Also your break in time is in agreement with the responses that I got via email, so I guess we have consensus on 200 hours break in time.

Thanks again.
Sorry mate, I meant "how would you compare the FS-Gold with Valhalla"...
Cheers,
Amal , the steps are about equal between the fs2 , gold and valhalla in my opinion. The street price difference between gold and Valhalla is another story . I see you have the Xindak tube sacd player. Me too. Its a giant slayer on sacd and competed nicely with my marantz sa 1 which was 8k. The problem with the Xindak is that I hear it is using inferior internal parts and has a transport that Sony uses in their boomboxes. Its a reliability issue . I cannot verify this but was told that from an audio engineer- designer with no axe to grind. The sound however is what matters and I think it is stunning on sacd. Redbook is ok. I could have afforded the Valhalla on the system that i put the Xindak gold on and chose the gold bacause while the Valhalla is almost invisible , the Xindak has the ability to draw you into the music.The instruments just seem to linger a bit longer in the air and have a rich , golden tonality that I find facinating . Cymbals on the gold just stun you with their presence and have vastly different character from one another in a given song than the valhalla. I want different sounds for each of my 3 systems and am so happy with the gold and fs 2. I change my syatem all the time and may very well move on to another cable but for now i am just enjoying the music. Cheers.
Thanks Brainwater.

I do have the Xindak SCD-2 and enjoy it a lot. I am no electronic engineer, but when I took the top off to see which tubes they had as stock, I noticed the layout to be very nice and could identify at least few branded parts in there, so I do not think all the parts they use are inferior. OTOH, since the SACD transports are different from CD transports, I'm not sure if they can use the "boom box" transports in SCD-2.

That being said, I do agree with you on the reliability issues. Mine refused to play CD-Rs initially and I was getting ready to send it back when it started playing few of them, especially the ones that were recorded with lower speeds (2X and 4X). Since then I have been able to play lot of CD-R (including some, the player initially refused to play!). Sounds strange, but I wonder if that was an adoptability issue.

I have decided to go for FS-Gold, probably two sets for bi-wiring. Given the price, I think it is a no-brainer.

Cheers,
Brent: Judging from what you wrote above, it would appear that you find the "lack of decay", "lack of harmonic structure", "lack of body & warmth" and the "TOO fast" sound of Nordost to rub you the wrong way. Would this be a logical deduction or am i reading too much into this? Sean
>