Has anyone listened to the Grado Statement ?

I know they have reviews written about it,but I just wanted to hear from any Audiogoners about the reproduction of this cartridge,in your own words, by your own ears.
I'm leaning toward the Ref. Ref.due to my preamp not having the gain fro the .75Mv.The preamp is the CJ PV-5
with 41db gain in phono stage.Another concern I have is the cartridge on the Statement cost$1,650.00 for a retip.Ouch Ouch! That seems a bit steep,but maybe not at its 2.5k retail.Also is the extra 1K in price over the Reference
clearly heard in your opinion or not?Maybe that is too subjective of a question to answer.
128x12876doublebass
I have the Statement for some time now and I like it a lot. It has its specialty - female vocals, and that is what I mostly use it for. I would not keep it if it was my only cartridge, but then again I have yet to hear one that I would have as my only one.
I am not sure if it is worth the price difference over the Reference - it is for me, but YMMV.
Sorry Doublebass; I did'nt read your post correctly......... on the other hand though maybe it would be worth your time to check out a different phono stage that would allow you to try a wider variety of carts???

Just a thought.

Chris
I have the Statement. Prior carts included the Grado Sonata, an Ortofon and the Denon DL-103. I am very happy with the Statement. It is a significant leap forward over the Sonata ... which was quite good itself. Differences between the Sonata and the Statement include the Statement's greater ability to track high frequency passages without producing sibilants; greater detail and soundstage; more realistic decay; and deeper, more realistic bass.

As mentioned elsewhere in this post, this is all system-dependent and personal. In more laid-back systems, the edginess of the Denon's moving coil design might provide better synergy. My system is designed for detail with musicality: a modified Plinius 8200 MkII integrated; modified Plinius Jarrah phono stage; Nordost SPM cables; Lieder all silver ICs; Snell B Minor speakers w/ a Snell sub (powered by a 500 watt Hsu sub amp). With the silver cabling, what is elsewhere described as the "warm" sound of the Statement works very well.
Thanks for the info Paul.An Audiophile friend of mine whos
ears I trusted in the past told me the SONATA was a very special cartridge in the Grado line,and he thought it was one of their best period.But your saying that is not the case which I'm sure is true.I think he was just trying to sell me his used Sonata so what else would he say.
From what I learned from speaking to Grado directly is each step up in the line portrays more honestly what was recorded at the original event.
I will be buying a Grado Ref. Ref. High Output on the 1st of July which is compatible with my preamp,and will be a huge jump up from the Grado Silver I'm currently using.
I anticipate Audio Heaven with my VPI MK3 Morch UP-4 Silver wired Arm,cCJ-PV-5,ARC VT-60,and Martin Logan Quest z'S.
I've also evaluated several toenarm cables from FATWYRE and I'm leaning toward the Kimber Silver Ag.So I probably won't be leaving the house very much once I get the Grado cartridge and tonearm cable.
Well I finally have the Grado Reference Reference installed on myVPI MK3 Table ,Morch UP-4 Arm,and I must say this has been the largest sound quailty improvement then any other component change.
I will do a review on this web site as too my observations.
But if the Reference super charged my front end like this,
I'm sure the Statement must turbocharge it to levels unheard of by any cartridge just a few years ago.
I'm now spinning vinyl too the wee hours of the morning
and I'm sure I will keep Classic Records ,Acoustic Sounds, and Music Direct busy for a long time.
Happy Listening
Don