My EMC-1 24 192 experience

After reading the Stereo Times review of this player against the SCD-1, I got goose bumps. This reviwer said the emc-1 made redbook cd's sound better than SACD on the SCD-1. I own the SCD-1, and on SACD it is wonderfull, but on redbook one knows that he is missing something. I tried the MF DAC w/ zero success. Last week I purchased a EMC-1 and immediately it was much better than the SCD-1 for redbook. There was more detail, warmth, air, and the sound stage was deeper and wider. I then played Take 5 on both players since I have them both on sacd and redbook. The sound is close, but the edge goes to the SCD-1. The sound is sweeter on the SCD-1, no doubt about that. With that being said, Is the EMC-1 worth the extra coin for listening to redbook CD's? Without a shadow of a doubt. Does it beat SACD? No, but it is close.

P.S. I forgot to mention how warm sounding this player is, all the harshness and rough edges of digital are history.
128x128hughes12
Jctubes--Nice post and I totally agree that the format should serve the music. Therefore I can see why vinyl still has a reason for being, but it's hard to fathom anyone lamenting the demise of CDs when SACD/DVD-A become the standard. Some "old" formats have a reason for being, while others are just old and inferior--remember 8-track?

Tim
i was just wondering ..
i'm shopping for a cdp and was considering the scd-1
and now i'm more inclined towards the emc-1 or the cary 306/200?
which one of the later ones would b better (emc-1 vs. cary)
?
thanks for your advice.
david
I posted some commentary on the EMC-1 and the Cary 306/200 here recently. Go for the EMC-1! At least, that's what worked for me.
I must say that after a year I'm still enthralled by my EMC-1 MkII's performance. A Discovery Essence slightly sweetened the presentation over previous Siltech and Nordost XLRs, BTW. Have fun. Ernie
Ernie,
If you are still reading this thread, what pre are you using. I have just added the Pass Labs X-1 to my EMC-1 MKII and together they put to rest FOREVER, the notion that solid state is unmusical. This combination outperforms ALL tubed units I have heard at the same price.