CD v. SACD

I was planning on buying a new CD player (Rega Jupiter 2000), when I read a few reveiws of the Sony SCD-XA777ES, which used, I could buy for about the same amount as the Rega new. I currently have an extensive CD collection, but no SACDs. My question is whether I should just go ahead and buy the Sony, or whether a dedicated CD player, like the Rega (or others at its price point) are significantly better in their CD playback. Thanks. Tom
boschtb
My point which NataLIE will never be able to understand is the sampling rate of redbook CD players is too low to reproduce music accurately. SACD by virtue of it's sampling rate is emanantly more capable of accurate musical reproduction. SACD still has improvements to make in the playback, but inspite of this it still is superior to the products NataLIE is talking about.
Lots of companies have spent millions of dollars trying to get redbook CD players to sound good but it is ultimately a waste of time. We would all be better off if more people got behind a medium more capable of giving us the sound quality that cheap LPs already provide. That being SACD.
NataLIE is not worth arguing with. He does not understand the technology or have the ears to listen anyway. He is against anything he does not understand, which is virtually everything taking place here. Follow his threads and see for yourself!
I am not looking to "argue" Nrchy. Why are my opinions unsubstantiated and yours not? I have been quite clear in my comments/opinions; I will state again, I have owned the Sony SCD-1 and it is a good player, but I find the EMC1-UP CD player that I am now using surpasses the performance of the SCD-1, SACD included. You stated that CD cannot sound good, I disagree, my point all along.

If you read my past comments, you will see that I do not argue to potential of SACD.

It would "appear" to me, that you feel your 777 playing SACD's will outperform any CD player, if this is a correct assumption of what you believe, I disagree. (Based on units I have owned.)

If you would like a reviewers opinion, read the following review and note that the player reviewed is not the latest upgraged version.
http://www.stereotimes.com/trans070302.shtm
With all due respect Brian, since this review was released some 2-3 months ago, it seems to be the only saving grace for hard core redbookers. I've yet to see anyone site any other source for comparing redbook to any SACD player, much less the SCD-1. I do own an SCD-1, but have not compared it's sound to any of the elite redbook players. I have heard many of the 3000-4000(Cary, Rega, Arcam)players and can say that I feel it holds it's own against them playing cd's. Opinions vary and some don't like the Sony's presentation, but let's not forget this machine was built to showcase SACD. The players i've mentioned don't even come close to it's SACD performance in my opinion. The SCD-1 is nearly 4 years old and is still at the top of it's game, and all of a sudden 1 review states that redbook is better and it's taken as gospel by the redbook crowd. This is my first post and I'm not trolling. I just don't understand all this blind faith in 1 review, your opinion notwithstanding. Gary.