Help to find an inexpencive active Xover

I want to experiment with bi-amplification using my DIY passive preamp. I have Totem Forest loudspeakers. For midrange/bass I want to use my Bryston 3b-st and for tweeters I want to use Moretto tube mono 15W/ch class A power amplifiers.
First of all, I've never had any experiences with active Xovers so I need someone to tell me what to start with and what will be the reasonable amount to spend on that device.
Secondly I want some useful theoretical preliminary discussions to define all advantages and disadvantages of an upcomming in my head experiment.
And finally I'd like to know anyone who's ever used bi-amplfied setup for 2-way speakers.
128x128marakanetz
The Marchand design is quite flexible, reasonably priced and built pretty well. It also offers a "Q" adjustment, which controls overlap between the drivers at the point of crossover. As such, you can "fine tune" the system to a much greater extent than you can with other crossovers that lack this feature. I own and have been using an upgraded version of the XM-9 three way crossover with great results.

As to the benefits, you will have MUCH greater dynamic range, increased detail, etc... The results are NOT subtle when properly done. You have to be able to DIRECTLY drive the speakers though with NO crossover circuitry for best results. The only thing that might be acceptable would be some form of impedance compensation or notch filter.

I too would suggest contacting the manufacturer of your speakers to find out if this is a viable plan BEFORE buying anything. Vince is a nice guy and will work with you as best possible. Sean
>
You might need a tube crossover, for your amplifier is really fast sounding, check "www.space-tech-lab.com" for different models, they made real good sounding tube equipments with one fraction of market price.
I have try a lot of bi-amp, tri-amp and quad-amp combination with different active crossover, but tube crossover is my final decision to go. The most important points is after crossover, the phase shift is different for different freq band, in order to compensate the phase shift, you should test all the +/- combination of all channel in order to get the best phase coherance. The best way to play around with a active crossover system is to build you own speaker set, each channel with different box, then you can adjust the different phase relationship by adjusting the relative position of different channels.
Hi
Andre from e-speakers.com is selling a Mc MQ104 for 199.00
he is a very honest gentleman and well known audiophile. Tell him Aditya sent you
I have Bryston 10-Bs in A 3 way mono system. Outstanding performance. I agree with the above that you'll spend between 500 and 1100 new....but used ones are always available. Good Luck......