Burnin CDs? Sound loss/degration question

General concensus when copying digital material is that there is no loss of sound quality...however...when I burn Cdrs on my pc...from other Cds...not mp3s...they sound compressed and dull...my fried has a professional TASCAM cd burner...and the results are about the same...any thoughts?
128x128phasecorrect
There was just an article in "The audiophile voice" where several brands of blanks were compared and the results noted. The main advice was, copy to the hard drive first and then to the blank. Why would this be better? I've made copies on my computer that no one can tell the difference. And they were not copied to the hard drive first. The main thing that I have learned is, use a name brand blank, and copy no faster than 4X
I get Mitsuis online at Terrapin Tapes. www.ttapes.com. They are definitely the best!
Sogood51 was correct in mentioning that the quality can be affected by the burning process. Jitter on playback can be reduced by altering the method by which CDR's are recorded, and this process can potentially offer an increase of dynamic range of a 16 bit recording by more than 20db.

I have quoted from a recent article discussing Yamaha's Audio Master Quality Recording below;

"Yamaha decided to deal with this by creating a process they called Audio Master. They decided to artificially slow down the speed of burning by increasing the length of the pits and lands. Although the disc is still spinning at its 24x or 32x speed, the density of bits on the CD's goes down. The normal 1.2 m/s linear speed turns into 1.4 m/s. 74 minute discs suddenly only hold 63 minutes, and 80 minute discs now only hold 68 minutes due to the extended pit length. Although the feature sizes are increased, they're still within Red Book standards. Now the reader's laser has more room with which to sample and determine if it's actually looking at a pit or a land."

Link to the full article >here
Jond, I've just gone to the terrapin site and am thinking about buying a couple of spindles of 100 Mitsui discs for use with my Tascam CDR-W 2000. Any noticable sonic differences between the silver ($52) versus gold ($80) discs?
Yes the copies are very close to orginal, i believe both are true A) can't tell the difference and B) a slight loss in quality. IOW there must be some quality loss, but not easy to detect. I don't like these recorders, will put a big strain on Tower and many classical labels and orchestras to turn a decent profit. Especially the orchestra members. A 4 or 5 member Rock band splits the profits much better than a 75 member orchestra. Any thoughts here??