SACD Player w/Tube output & Bal out

Xindak Tube SACD Player --- Anybody know anything about this SACD player? A good SACD Player with a tube output stage and Bal output and Dig out would be interesting. Anybody know anything about this player? I really like the idea of the tube output stage and Bal output,, the Dig out is also a useful feature.. I seen the Xindax Sacd player on this site. http://store.acousticsounds.com/store.cfm?Title_ID=10184&do=detail§ion=sacd

mike
mikec
Hello Ed. Yes, according to Jay it will play CD-R's, but I haven't tried it personally.

Regards...Mike - Father & Son Audio
Well,,, I don't think many would be interested in the Redbook CD section but would be very interested in the players SACD section and especially using the 6dj8 type out put stage. Let's say,,, how does the players SACD section compare to the Sony SACD-1? Is it's SACD sound as well as the SACD-1 by Sony or the top Marantz model? This my be winner if it's sound is first rate. This player would be very compatiable to a high quality 2 ch Bal Tube system. How does it sound? The price is right for many with good systems to jump in and give SACD a try.
I am also interested in user feedback regarding this player, but would like to know about CD and SACD playback quality. My goal is to eliminate the DAC and have a standalone player for CD and SACD.

Regards
Dear FS_Audio,
Appreciate if you could let me have te following details:
1. What chipset is featured in this? Is it from Crystal? and what model?
2. Does it have upsampling for Red Book Cds?
3. Is the laser pick up dual-discrete? (that means seperate laser pickups for CDs and SACDs)
4. What is the resoution of the DACS (is it 24 bit/192kHZ)
5. How will this player handle multi channel SACDs? Will it merely output the Front Left and Front Right channels or will it downmix all six channels to stereo and output?
6. Are the tube sockets heavy duty (ceramic?) allowing tube rolling?
7. What is the transport used?
Regards,
Amal
Amal,

Here are your answers:

1. What chipset is featured in this? Is it from Crystal? and what model?
The chipset is the EXACT same one used in the Sony SCD-1 (a $5000 player)

2. Does it have upsampling for Red Book Cds?
Yes, upsampling to 24/96

3. Is the laser pick up dual-discrete? (that means seperate laser =ppickups for CDs and SACDs)
No. The SCD-2 uses the EXACT same pick-up as the Sony SCD-XA777ES

4. What is the resolution of the DACS (is it 24 bit/192kHZ)
24/192

5. How will this player handle multi channel SACDs? Will it merely = output the Front Left and Front Right channels or will it downmix all =ssix channels to stereo and output?
The SCD-2 is a two-channel ONLY SACD player, so it downmixes multi-channel to 2 channel

6. Are the tube sockets heavy duty (ceramic?) allowing tube rolling?
Yes, they are heavy duty and ceramic. In addition the tubes have heatsink tube covers to increase tube operating life.

7. What is the transport used?
Same exact transport as the Sony SCD-XA777ES

Xindak has actually done OEM work for Sony for many years, hence they have access to a lot of Sony components that most other companies making SACD players do not.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards...Mike - Father & Son Audio