What's under YOUR CD player?

Will I really improve the sound from my Ikemi CD player by putting something under it, other than the walnut shelf it sits on inside my antique hutch stereo cabinet?

Will upgrading the power cord to a PS minilab cable help also?

Or, should I just play the music?

(it's fun though, isn't it!)
jbatlanta
hi Ron, the Relaxa 1 appears to be very similar in concept to the GR Reasearch/Dodd Audio 'Levitator'. the only question would be how the 'Levitator' stays level....i can't tell from the picture on the web site.

i took the Relaxa 1 to my local audio club meeting and everyone wanted to play with it.....it is just so cool the way it works. i would own one even if the damn thing didn't sound good.....it stays perfectly level by means of poles in 2 corners and very smooth bearings. the only issue is that the weight of your component must be in the proper weight range to allow it to have the proper loading like any 'spring' so the 'action' keeps it decoupled from the rack. it should 'settle' for a few seconds after it is disturbed if it is working properly.

click 'system' next to my name for a picture.....also, i attached a link.

http://www.gtaudio.com/accessor.html

enjoy.
Ron, mind if I comment on your question. I also have SAP Relaxa 1. I firstly tried it under my CD transport & found the result was the best. However, the balance leaned toward high frequency maybe because the digital out, which was on the corner, was affected by the magnetic field and so induced jitters. Therefore, I used the Relaxa 1 under my turntable now. It improved the trackability for bad-conditioned records a lot. I think the Relaxa 1 will be better than the GR's you posted on top of unleveled base because the poles to fix the plate in Relaxa 1 are ball-bearing like Aurios to resolve the side force.
I placed some Mack Truck wehhl bearings under my Sony SCD-777ES and they sound similiar to the Daruma III bearings I tried.

Keep on trucking!
Subaruguru, How do you have the Neuance shelf supported on the audio rack and what other supports, if any, are you using? I use the points that were included threaded into a thick maple shelf to support the Neuance shelf near the corners. I started with the stock feet on the cdp and after trying a few other supports I'm back with the stock feet. This shelf is the best isolation device I have tried and I plan to get one for my amp also when it becomes available. I have not tried the DH Labs cones with the Neuance and was curious if anyone else has had a good experience adding those or other footers.