What's under YOUR CD player?

Will I really improve the sound from my Ikemi CD player by putting something under it, other than the walnut shelf it sits on inside my antique hutch stereo cabinet?

Will upgrading the power cord to a PS minilab cable help also?

Or, should I just play the music?

(it's fun though, isn't it!)
jbatlanta
I placed some Mack Truck wehhl bearings under my Sony SCD-777ES and they sound similiar to the Daruma III bearings I tried.

Keep on trucking!
Subaruguru, How do you have the Neuance shelf supported on the audio rack and what other supports, if any, are you using? I use the points that were included threaded into a thick maple shelf to support the Neuance shelf near the corners. I started with the stock feet on the cdp and after trying a few other supports I'm back with the stock feet. This shelf is the best isolation device I have tried and I plan to get one for my amp also when it becomes available. I have not tried the DH Labs cones with the Neuance and was curious if anyone else has had a good experience adding those or other footers.
My equipment sits atop Neuance platforms, which are of the newer design conceived for a broader range of applications. This solution enabled me to use my non-audio grade furniture and get uncompromised performance.

In my system, the new design is implemented in a “groupings” arrangement (i.e. components are grouped to share platforms - three total). The increased energy absorbtion capacity allows this. And, multiple platforms helps to maintain a reasonably low mass per platform and eliminates any potential transfer from the “noisier” components. Speak to Ken Lyon/Greater Ranges, much of the preceeding statements are from him.

I have had the platforms for only about a month and have been trying different things to separate them from my plate glass shelves. Ken Lyon feels that any small, hard footer will work. I am using Aurios 1.0s in contact with the underside of the Neuance atop the points of BDR mk4s, with the flat base on top of the glass shelf.

I can not believe that this can get any better.
My equipment sits atop Neuance platforms, which are of the newer design conceived for a broader range of applications. This solution enabled me to use my non-audio grade furniture and get uncompromised performance.

In my system, the new design is implemented in a “groupings” arrangement (i.e. components are grouped to share platforms - three total). The increased energy absorbtion capacity allows this. And, multiple platforms helps to maintain a reasonably low mass per platform and eliminates any potential transfer from the “noisier” components. Speak to Ken Lyon/Greater Ranges, much of the preceeding statements are from him.

I have had the platforms for only about a month and have been trying different things to separate them from my plate glass shelves. Ken Lyon feels that any small, hard footer will work. I am using Aurios 1.0s in contact with the underside of the Neuance atop the points of BDR mk4s, with the flat base on top of the glass shelf.

I can not believe that this can get any better.