Would this be an upgrade?

Hi- I've been using a Theta Miles cd player which is the balanced version and like it alot. But, I have a Sony 9000es dvd player and was wondering if I add a dac to that would it sound better? The dacs that I was interested in are the Theta Basic IIIa and the Classe DAC-1.
Please let me know if anyone has any ideas or feedback on this.

Thanks Jim
gretchen
Theatre has better digital tech and Classe. Suggest you should consider this as DA.

Also, Sony 9000es is very good in vocal performance. I dont feel anything you lose if using it as CD Transport.

Bear in mind that it has SACD decoding option as well.
Hi Rockvirgo, The Theta sounds much better than the Sony on redbook Cd's. The Theta's soundstage is much wider and better overall. And the bass is much better.
I heard that the dacs in the Theta are the same as Theta's Pro Prime IIa. But this brings up another question, how much better is the Basic IIIa's dacs than the Pro Prime's?
Thanks Jim
I owned the Pro Basic IIIa for a few years. When I was deciding on which level of Theta I wanted I auditioned all of their products. IMHO the Pro Basic IIIa was clearly superior to the Pro Prime IIa. If the Pro Prime IIa is a 6, then the Pro Basic IIIa is an 8. I was a very happy customer and appreciated the 'drive' and 'pace' that came out of the Theta products. I drove mine however with the Theta transport and do not know anything about the Sony as a transport.