Warrenty and lifespan of cd players

I am wondering why it is that so many people here, there, and everywhere, seem to upgrade to expensive players when many such players seem to enjoy a very short lifespan relative to other components and have such poor warrentys. I am not being critical, but rather I am curious. I would love to own some of the cd players I have seen and read about, and I am more than willing to save for such a purchase because I do believe the source is very important to a system. But then practical considerations raise up like a red flag and I am discouraged. I guess what I am asking for is a deeper understanding, perhaps some debate that might provide some overview. any coments on this subject would be helpful
timf
The only CD player I have ever bought that didn't die pretty darn quick is a Rotel that Im still using. My Sony SACD (CE775) died in three years. Other cheap but decent brand cd players I have owned and buried include Philips, Yamaha, Marantz. My Theta PROCESSOR, with no moving parts, is going strong after 15 years or so. It may be a self-fulfilling thing, but I don't buy expensive cd players because my experience says that cd players don't last--the idea that expensive cd players DO last is not one that I want to test.
My wife still uses my original Magnavox CD player that has to be over 15 years old.
Thanks for the posts so far. I guess the reason I enquired is because I do listen to music a lot. I mean a lot a lot! My rotel had to be sent in for repairs the first year I had it, and then it took some time to rectify the problem. I think it is interesting that many of the cd players I have looked at -mid priced, expensive, or budget like mine, have the same sort of warrenties. To me it does not say much for the manufacturers confidence in their products reliability when the warrenty is only good for a couple of years. Of course, I am not claiming to have looked at every product out there, or that I am not suceptible to some kind of bias. After all, it does appear from the posts here that there are a few very reliable cd players.
I still use an old 1st generation Denon cdp on a secondary system. It will be eligible to vote and join the Army in a couple months. It has never failed over the years, but the sound is clearly darker (pun?) with associated HF harshness, in comparison to newer technology.
I also have a 1st generation Magnavox player...it was assembled in Belgium...and is built like a tank...granted...sounds a little "mushy" compared to modern players...but the transport is pretty decent....too bad it doesnt have connections for a DAC...