Musical Fidelity Nu Vista CD vs. Cary 306/200 CD

thinking about dumping my MF nu vista cd player for a cary 306/200. anyone got an opinion? anyone owned both these items?

using a tri vista integrated amp and totem forest speakers, by the way. anlysis plus cables and interconnects.

thanks!
skuras
Personally, I think it'd be a bad move to dump the nu-vista. I went from a Cary to the nu-vista and haven't looked back. The sound, quality and construction of the MF are far above the Cary. What is it about the MF that you're not happy with?
Skuras,
I own the 306/200, I previously owned the MF A3. I haven't
had the pleasure of owning a Nu-Vista but i did audition it
before buying.

The N.V, I thought was a bit more resolveing than the Cary
but drier and colder. The Cary has more of a tube sound than the N.V. even though it has tubes. To me The Cary makes cd's more listenable and musical.

The A3 was a bright and fatigueing player, even with my ProAc Response 2.5's which are a fairly mellow speaker.

The Totem speakers are revealing and not exactly on the
warm side, but excellant speakers. That being what you are acustomed to, you would definately hear a differance with the Cary.

I have Mani II's, and ProAc Response 2.5's speakers. The Cary is just sweet with both speakers. Warm and musical
with the Proacs, beautifull midrange, endlessly enjoyable.

With the Totems I lost that midrange sound but gained resolution across the board. But the Cary still kept things
smooth and enjoyable and a bit on the warm side.

I could live with either of the choises, but I would choose
the Cary again. It is the more flexable of the two to me.
Plus it's not the darling of the magazines either, I seem
to like that aspect also.

I am obviously no reviewer, but I hope this helps a bit.

Happy New Year!
rlb61,

i'm not displeased with the nu vista - just always checking out other options. i was considering the cary with the optional volume control, and running it right into a pair of ASL hurricane monoblocks. no pre amp.

whatcha think about that?

skuras