Where does your user name come from?

Hi everyone,
I'm curious to know what's the story behind your user name (or Alias)... There are a bunch of people that use their name (of parts of it) like myself, Albert Porter, GerryM5, Esoler...

But where does user name like Cornfedboy, Garfish, Calloway, Tireguy, SwampWalker (and many many others) come from? Any story behind?

Just curious
lgregoir
Company that made "straight line" tracking turntables back in the day. The tone arm didn't swing in an arc...it moved in approximately a straight line, at a right angle, to the circumference of the record. My parents gave me one for my high school graduation. It was a guaranteed conversation starter in the college dorm in 1972.
rawinsonde could be derived from 1 to 3

1. ra is short for my name, ray... win is for win the auction.. and sonde is for sound. (ray wins the bid for the sound device...record, tape, etc)
2. ra is short for my name, ray... win is for "windows" which was my development platform as a computer programmer... sonde was my development of interactive voice response software (telephone sound).
3. ra is short for "radio", win is short for winds, and sonde is short for "soundings"... This is a technical contraction for rawinsonde, a technology the military used that sent balloons up to measure winds aloft at specified levels.