Willl you spend over $5000.00 for speakers?

I always wondered what type of person will spend over $5000.00 for speakers. I bought a used Willson WITT 1 for $5700.00 and I am told by people that I am out of my mind. I don't care what they say. I love my WIIT 1 and soon to upgrade the speaker. Willson Audio is one manufacture who cares about your investment in a beautiful well built speaker and allows you to upgrade the speaker for a fee. Wow!! What a great sound. Kick back and drink a cold beer while I enjoy one song after another.
woof
I just purchased the paradigm refernce studio 100 - amazing system. I spent many weeks comparing speakers, in many high end stores... some actually told me they wouldnt even carry paradigm - yet whenever they are evaluated by high end reveiwers, they always do wondefully. Anyway, I compared to many other lines with various sources , amps and recordings, and consistently the paradigms sounded better than even much more expensive speakers. I have them biwired with audioquest midnite cables, and cant wait till they are actually broken in... P.S. - 2000$
This message is for yosemitiesamiam. In regard to going out and buying EAW stacks and subs. I do belive you are on the right track. I live in chicago and one of the local venues uses EAW. I have found a company that trounces EAW, however. And that is Martin Audio. Mindblowing for a live setup. So very transparent and neutral , yet will leave an imprint of your shadow on the wall if you like it loud. That's bigger money than EAW, but amazing. I'm in love with 'em. I'm a student of live sound and am discovering audiophilia and would spend ten thousand bucks, if I had the cash on speakers.
No: Absolutely NOT!!! Here's five reasons: 1. Von Schweikert VR3 or VR4 2. NHT Model 3.3, VT-2 3. PSB Stratus Gold 4. Aerial Acoustics Model 7B or Model 8 5. Paradigm Studio 100 TAKE YOUR PICK!!! Need I say more....I DON'T THINK SO!!!!
magnapan mg-20,s for front, a pair of 18 inch elf bag end subs, a pair of mg3.6's for rears, and a pair of mg12 for center, with theta casablanca control amp/processor driving krell amps. nice system. ultra clean frequency responce.
Martin Logan SL-3's @ $2k to $2.5k used, or ML reQuest for $1k more, are way ahead of anything in the sub-$5k arena for a wide range of music. Their only shortfall is ultimate bass extention(sub 30hz), not a big issue for most music. The sound stage is huge & real enough to just walk up onto & into the stage. If you like a limited variety of musical styles & a more intimate sound stage, there are box speakers like the ProAc 2.5 that work magic on Blues & Jazz, but don't rock & roll. Listen to all you can before you buy, and don't forget, your room is going to have a major influence on whatever you bring home, so pay more if you have to, but find a way to listen to what you like at home with your other components & your music in your room before you decide.