Dynaudio v Revel

I have been auditioning a number of speakers in the $7000 to $10,000 range and due to a significant price break am leaning to the dyns. Never the less I have been impressed with the Revel Studios. It is just that right now the potential price differential is about $3500. I am using tube amps, pre and cd. Any thoughts out there? Thanks!
pgleekel
Thanks for the follow up. I am leaninf toward the Confidence 3s. The front end is the BAT cd and for now Audio Research LS3 but am in the market for a new pre,perhaps the Hovland. My amps are the VTL 250 monos which are 250 of triode. The revels are very nice great soudstage imaging etc but to a very small degree do not have a completely integrated base. Yet, if the prices being quoted to me now were closer I'd pobably be leaning to the Revels.
Why the 3s vs the 5s? I've seen the 5s selling for <$6k which has got to still be less than the Revels. I have a Sonic Frontiers T3/P3, BAT VK50SE, BAT VK500 as a front end.
I purchased the Revel Studio's18 months ago. Im my opinion, I have not heard anything in the $10k price range that is their equal, including the Dynas which I listened to along with many others both more and less expensive. You did not mention what type of tubed equipment you are using, so I don't know what the power of your amp. While the Revels are fairly efficient and will work well with a variety of amps, they do like power and will easily handle as much as you throw at them. Be aware of one other thing with the Revels - these are highly detailed speakers that will accurately display everything in your audio chain from the CD you play to the components you use to the wires that deliver the sound. If you have poorly matched ( not necessarily cheap vs. expensive ) speaker cable, you simply will not get the best these remarkable speakers have to offer. Transparent Cables are a match made in heaven although I chose the new MIT 750 Magnums which use Oracle technology. One last thing, you are comparing two very different speakers. The Dynas are not nearly as detailed and are built to please regardless of what may be the weakest link in your audio chain. They will also distort as you increase volume. The Revels are built to show everything in your audio chain. I have not yet reached a distortion level no matter how loudly I drive them - I do't know where that level is.
owned Sonus Faber Extrema, Wilson Watt/Puppy 5.1, Genesis V, KEF Ref 3, and listened to everything under $20k, nothing come close to the Dynaudio Confidence 5. Any one can claim their speakers to have the best midrange, but I bet they never heard the C5 which can rival Quad without losing the impact. spend an hour listening to Revel Studio, but crossover point is very obvious and does not sound coherent. there is a major gap in between drivers if you listen hard.
My lean to the Confidence 3's are being pricipally motivated by a price of $4600. Yet, I suspect I could land the 5's for $5600. The dealer I have spoken to regarding the dyns is pushing the 3's versus the 5's based on better imaging and coherence. To Davidlin see my earlier post as to what I have foe electronics--What do you think?