Acoustic Energy Aegis One Speakers.

Acoustic Energy Aegis One Speakers. How Do they Sound? I just purchased a new pair and out of the box they sound really bad, Over-Bright, Grainy and Hard sounding. Any Members have any idea why the sound that way? Do they need time for break-in? The Amp i'm using is a Luxman LV-105 intergrated tube-Solid State, PS Audio CD1 CD Player,Monster 400 interconnects, and Radio Shack 16ga. Speaker cable. THANKS!!!
128x128lpsforever
those RS interconnects are 8mm, black, with little yellow and white rings on the end and come in a white package. If you try them, be very careful about mounting them on your amp. The connectors are very tight.
I used the Analysis Plus Oval 9 and the Pathos Classis One to much success. I placed the system in my bedroom about 6 to 8 inches from the wall with no toe-in. A region of bass (real bass) heavy material shortly came up and literally scared me as I was reading. The speakers can sound quite good when paired with the right gear and positioned just about 6 - 8 inches from a rear wall (rear of the speakers) for bass reinforcement. Happy listening Regards, Mike
My son has these for his H.T. and complained they sounded the way you talked about ,but after a few 100 hours or so they really sing, lose the wire, get some D.H.Labs T-14`s and they will do much better
I have a pair hooked up to a Kora Mercury 40 watt tube integrated with Analysis Plus Oval 12 cable and the sound is incredible for the price. Can't believe a $300 speaker can sound this good. Soundstage is excellent with no harshness and little grain. They can sound just a touch on the bright side with solid state electronics but hey, that's solid state.
Hey Guys, Thanks for all the help. I'm going to try some new cables, interconnects and the 100 hour break-in time. THANKS!!!