long term disappointments?

Have you bought speakers after careful listening, only to discover that you don't like them after a month or two?
wtsaila495d
As much as I liked the B&W Nautilus 803N in dark cherry, I simply couldn't listen to them in the nearfield for more than a few minutes before wanting to get up and walk away.
What a dsappointment! Tough to return, too, as the elliptical shape had them rolling around the back of my Legacy wagon!
Whenever I wanted to rock these speakers were not up to the task. They sounded very thin with no guts, irritating is the best way I can put it. I owned them for about 6 months and really wanted to like them. I had to sell them at a big loss.
HifiHarv made an excellent point. Kudos to him for bringing this up. Sean
>
I disagree with the implications suggested but not stated by HifiHarv and Sean. I do not believe that just because a component receives a less-than-flattering review is a reason to discard it. I have seen horrible reviews of great products and as of late it appears that there are no longer any truely negative reviews, so mediocore reviews are considered "negative". Further, I no longer trust the reviewers, maybe it is just me or maybe its the fact that they make no sense and are normall big suck-ups for the reviewed products. Sorry guys, I like reviews and read them but you need to know where the reviewer is coming from.
Elgordo: Your problem with the Vandy 2Ce Sig's was unfortunate. I have owned them, and currently own a pair of Vandy 3A Signatures, and have thoroughly enjoyed all of my Vandy's. I noted in the current issue of Sterophile (April) that the Vandersteen 2Ce Signature is rated as "Class B", and chosen as the one of the Joint Component "Selection of the Year".