The Professional Monitor Company

Okay, I can't be the only person who owns something from PMC. As the name implies, they make professional monitors for the recording and movie industry, as well as speakers for consumers. I own a pair of FB-1's for my audio system, and I have a LB-1 center channel for my home theater. They are the most neutral speakers I've listened to. They do absolutely nothing to the sound. Bass is tight and real, mids are crystal clear, and highs are not harsh. Turn up the volume and they just get louder. I've been contemplating trading up to one of their bigger monitors. Anybody out there care to give a testimonial? Thanks.
argent
I don't know any other brands that are comperable. The LB-1 seems to be in a class of its own. They use the Dynaudio driver, but the LB-1 does not sound like a Dynaudio speaker. The store where I buy my gear at sells Dynaudio speakers as well. Their center channel sounds different. I'm not sure if you are looking for a used LB-1 or want to buy new. The store you go to will probably have to order you a center channel. I lucked out and the guy had one in the store. One word of caution. I use my center channel in a horizonal arrangement. For the LB-1 center the driver is moved to the middle, and the tweeter is off to one side. If you position your center channel vertically, you might do better using one of your existing LB-1s. Or you could buy a new pair, one center, one center rear. Not sure if that is over your budget. Happy shopping.
I have a pair of the TB-1s and auditioned them against PSB Stratus Minis and something from JM Lab. Those speakers created what I now know as "coloration". The TBs seem to play everything as it was recorded/maastered. A caveat though, they play bad music badly. What I like is the bass extension from such a tiny speaker. They are imported by bryston so if you own one of their amps you should check these out.
One question for you argent...
What amp do you use for your hometheater? I have a Nakamichi AV 8 that I am presently using until my B&K gets back to me. I wanted to know what sorta power your receiver/amp had because I am scared of blowing my speakers with this low quality/weak amp. Especially because the LB1s present a 4 ohm load. For music I find the Nakamichi barely adequate but for HT you have to put the volume way up and thats where trouble could brew. BTW the receiver would only have to power 3 of the 5 channels.
Thanks - Ian