Hales System II Signature

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with the (older) Hales System II Sigs? I know that at one time, they were on the Stereophile Class A list (with the Muse subwoofers) but I'd like information about possible amps/preamps to partner with them and any other setup information. Thank you.
sknnyc
I just got a pair of VTL 100 watt monoblocks and they are a definite improvement over the Classe DR15 amps I had been using. I know that the speakers are wired with Cardas Golden cross but I'd be interested in hearing about your experiences with cabling. I think a Carver sub is definitely in the works next up (the Muse is much more expensive and requires that darn personality card).
daveyf i have both jm lab utopias and soun lab a-3s.the rowland is my favorite solid state. i like the earlier 7s and the newer gear.when were the 8s made? i love tube research, but they are a little steep for most people. i would say inexpensive tubes ; maybe the bat vk-60. or cj 11a. the bat has more stomp.
Actually Sknnyc, The sig's are wired with Cardas Hex5, they had not come out with the Golden 5 or Cross at the time of Sig production. This cable probably contibutes to their weakest link unfortunately. I use Highwire cable with good results, used to use Cardas Hex Golden 5 which was very poor in comparison-- fat, tubby bass with rolled off highs and smeared. The highwire I use is a later version called 700Ls series, which is part silver and part copper, with RFI blocks built in the cable. I use this from the phono to the speaker. Have recently heard the Silversmith cable, a slight step up, but what a price!!
Kirk930, the model 8's are still being made, they are now the 8ti's, I believe. My version is an original 8 from about 1991 or therabouts. I have done some mod's om it, but have left the original choke power supply. I feel this sounds a little superior in overall clarity and punch to the updated dual mono toroidal supplies. However, many in the far east had problems with hum, and so Jeff changed the design to accomodate this. ( At least that's what I have been told)
The newer transimpedence mod is supposed to be very good, but I have not had a chance to hear this. Has anybody?
I heard my Sig 11's today with the REL sub. This is a match made in heaven.
The Sig 11's really cook.Earlier, I had heard the same sub with a pair of Verity Pasifals, and the Sig's just blew the Verities away in a biiiig way. Both set up's were driven by Rowland's.
Amazingly the Verities list at $14k!!