I am Not hurting anything right ??

I have a pair of Sonus Faber Concertinos that have bi wire posts. I have Bi wire Cable but have told NOT to Bi wire these Speakers. so I left the jumpers on the back and pluged in the cable as normal(standard bi wire configuration). Speakers sound great. But am I running any risk as to damaging the speakers?

Best Regards
vongwinner
If the speakers have bi-wire posts, then the manufacturer obviously thinks it is okay to bi-wire. I say take the jumpers out. Let me know how it sounds.
As Argent said, the manufacturer would not have installed bi-wire posts unless it was a good idea. Speakers that have bi-wire posts have two crossovers in each speaker. The purpose is to have one crossover handle the low frequencies, and the other handle the mid's and upper frequencies. As a rule, bi-wiring produces better transients and cleaner, more transparent sound. If you use a jumper plug on your bi-wire posts, you are feeding a full-range signal into BOTH crossovers, and the chances are good that you are not getting the best audio quality from your speakers. You will NOT damage them this way, but you are also probably not getting their top performance. I am curious who told you not to use the speakers in a bi-wire mode. Unless it was the dealer, I'd question the advice you were given. You might want to contact the US distributor for Sonus Faber and ask their advice.
Sccampbell,

Regardless of whether or not you use a jumper or not on biwired speakers, you ARE feeding a full-range signal to both crossovers! I agree with the rest, just correcting the oversight....
There was a post here at the Gon about a particular speaker equiped for bi-wiring, but not recommended by the manufacturer. They had equiped so just to please the French market, if memory serves. Anyone remember the post I'm refering to?
Most manufacturers put bi-wire options in because it's good marketing. I've talked to many top engineers at speaker companies and most agree biwiring is just a gimick. If you analyze the circuit, biwiring just makes the sound worse.