Red Rose R3s vs. Proac 1sc vs. Dynaudio 1.3SE

I'm considering new speakers for my home office. I'd like small speakers with a big sound and don't want to include a sub. Current system: Linn Ikemi, Plinius 8150. I have yet to audition any of the three monitors listed but all seem to claim great sound with solid bass. Recommendations please. Joel
joeldoss
I'm afraid the Proac and Dynaudio aren't quite in the same league as the Red Rose. Not much is. These speakers are amazingly lush for such small speakers, beautifully voiced, and of course exquisitely articulate with that ribbon tweet.

My only (minor) reservation is, I don't know how they'd sound without those Red Rose tube amps driving them.

A somewhat larger and slightly more expensive standmount speaker that I would lean towards is the Cliffhanger Bulldog. The Bulldog is basically a compact full-range speaker with a very lively presentation - voices and instruments sound full-bodied and rich. Again, a ribbon tweet gives excellent air and articulation. But it is in the midrange that his speaker really shines - easily among the best human voice reproduction I've heard in its size or price range.

Nope, I'm not a dealer for either one.
Gosh, with all these great testimonials for the Red Rose 3s I'm becoming very interested in them. I've been living very happily the last few months with my ProAcs, but you folks have got me thinking now.

Especially, when the Red Rose 3s are described as being lush and beautifully voiced. Any thoughts on how they might sound with Simaudio amplification? Are they better suited to tubes?

I thought the doctor cured my last case of upgrade-itis. Oh well.
I have listened to the Red Rose R3's a number of times and I was not that thrilled the first time ( I was in the market for this kind of speaker. Yes I did buy one of the speakers in question ). The second time that I heard them there were connected to the Red Rose integrated amp and they sounded fabulous. So I thought that maybe that the setup was bad on the first trial. But I went to hear them again with Sim Audio hardware and they were strident and all shrill and the two drivers were not matching well at all. Now, maybe it is different strokes for different folks 'cause I am obviously in the minority here. Recently I found out that a local audio store is no longer carrying them due to the same type of reasons as I have heard. I purchased the Dynaudio 1.3 Se's and I feel like a most favored man because I have found a speaker that sounds completely right to me. Go figure why don't ya!
Try the PMC LB1s. I've heard all the speakers you have mentioned and they were the best by a wide margin. I heard the R3s at a show and they were played so softly it was not showing them off properly. Anyways, if it were my money i would not hesitate to go for the PMC LB1s. Look on bryston's website for more info. Thanks