Silverline "Sonatina II" vs. Coincident "Victory"

I've essentially narrowed down my speaker choices to these two for my Graaf OTL 20wpc amp. While the "Victory" certainly appears to have better specs (14-ohm, 97-db @ $4500 new) the Sonatina-II are no slouch either (8-ohm, 93-db @ $3900 new). If I had no choice but to purchase them new I'd most likely fork out the extra money and go with the Victory. However at the moment I'm torn between the choices becuase I have a shot at a used pair of Sonatina-II (only one month old) offered at $2200. The other problem is, I can't seem to audition either of these here in NYC (a pervasive problem for most I'm sure) and therefore, I'm solely basing my decision on what I hear at threads such as these. I've already had bad luck once before but that was when I was completely new to OTL amps.

Does anyone here have any direct experience with both of these with OTL amps?

Other factors worth noting: Starting next month, I'll be in a large listing space -- approx 35' X 20' X 10-ft ceilings starting next month. Also, I listen to mostly loungy stuff with some vocals and classical thrown into the mix.

I appreciate any feedback you can offer...

Jewel
by Jewel_hasan
128x128jewel_hasan
Take my word for it. I auditioned both speakers to sell in my store and the Silverlines win hands down. No comparison. I'm not trying to sell you a pair as you already have found a used pair for $2200.00 which is a deal, but only get the II's in any of the Pantellas,Sonata,or Sonatina. You'll thank me a hundred times once you do hear both speakers.
I recently purchased the Sonata mk.11 speakers. I auditioned the Coincident speaker line but like you, I was unable to hear the Silverlines. I bought the Sonata on the reccomendation of a friend and all I can say is that they are superior to the Coincident's and most other speakers costing up to $20,000.
I beg to differ.I heard the Sonata's many times and my Coincident Super Conquests that retailed for 2499.00 are far better.
The Sonata's are very very nice but I like the Sound of my Coincidents better.
Spent 1 hour trying to like the Sonata better last friday but in the end I would not switch from the Coincident to the Sonata.