Rap music on high-end speakers

Hello,

I have audiophile taste in gear, but not in music. I listen to rap music, and occansionaly R&B. Is there anyone out there like me? What do you listen for when buying gear? I was wondering what are the benefits in getting better gear? I want to upgrade the speakers to either proac response 3.8 or wilson cubs. Here is my system:

Levinson No.23
aranov ls-9000
Platinum audio reference 2
Paradigm servo 15
kimber speaker wire
esoteric component wires
amc cdm7
tru
Didn't I hear a while ago that the best rapper on the east coast killed the best rapper on the west coast or vice versa?
Certainly there must be a lot of people on this thread who, upon reading their post in retrospect, think to themselves, "Geez, I sound more like my parents every day!"
No Winoguy17 " ALT COUNTRY MUSIC" is an OXYMORON. And best rapper in east coast killing best rapper in west coast does not make it BAD music.Actaullay best music sprouts from Pain- be it killing, drugs, broken hearts....(did i just say that?)
But let us not distract people and stick to the subject.
Nilthepill, theres lots of music about "pain" that does not exploit it, wallow in self pity, and use it as an excuse to degrade, belittle, insult and threaten others. No other form of music or any type of art that I can think of, does just that, with as much violence, and degradation to women as rap.and they are NOT artists, they just exploit social problems to further themselves and pad their pocket. can't call it music, but then, if you want to pay for it and listen to them whine, scream and swear, thats your problem. feel free, but I do have to agree with you on one point; "country music" is also an oxymoron. but to each his own.