Vandy 2Ce Signature Vs. Vandy 2Ce

Has anyone done comparisons between Vandersteen 2Ce speakers (which I have) and the Vandersteen 2Ce Signature speakers which are Stereophile B rated ?
chander
quick personal experience to share,had both of them and the sigs were much better for the highs and mids,lows was about the same if you consider an upgrade it would be money well spent,now I own alon II and for the same money used(900) I find them more revealing and dynamics but the vandies seemed to have a little more efficient bass with proper placement.
Thierry.
They're both extreamly inefficient and like lots of power and current to perform(probably because they have no cabinet?) Series 3 Vand-s have cabinetery for the woofer and tend to be more efficient and revealing i.e. to me making more sence than 2's. Used prices b-n 2's and 3's aren't that much of a difference either.
the cabinets has nothing to do with efficiency,like the alon II no frame helps sound correctness except that the alon actually needs a little more power because of the sealed boxed woofer,regular 3's have the same design except bigger woofer enclosure.
stereophile reviewer preferred the 2ce sigs over the basic 3,apparently the 3's had more bass presence but the overall presentation was found better for the 2 sigs.
used to run them with a 50watts high current audioprism tube amp and it performed really great especially at the price range.
do a search for the stereophile review don't know the issue number.
aloha! to both.
I am wondering about folks claiming that the 2c's are so darn hard to drive? I must have just the right size room but a single old Dyna st70 can run mine to fair levels. I also have an old Naim Nait, thing must be all of 12 watts a channel and that even does ok, not great for BIG music but not bad. My amp for the system is a 50 watt tube amp and it's fine by its self, but I do use the Vandy 2wq and that combo will play quite loud. Do you all live in houses with huge rooms?