What to place under speaker spikes on hardwood

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone had a suggestion on what to put under the spikes of my speakers on a hardwood floor. I don't want to use coins as it would dull the points. Also it would be helpfull if I could slide them around. The speakers weigh about 160 lbs and sit on 4 spikes

Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xwloeb
Linn Skeets, they are just what you are looking for. ~ $75 for a box of eight.
Spikes dig into pucks. Speakers move around well without harming floor. Sounds fine with my 80 lb. floorstanders.
dave
I'd avoid coins, unless you want holes in your floor. (Might also tend to affect how you can slide your speakers). ;)

I say this because I had Response 2s and Target R4 stands on pennies, and the target spikes punched right thru (as I discovered upon moving). In other words, don't worry about dulling the spikes.

Marakanetz--doesn't the use of vibrapods sort of cancel out the use of the spikes? I'm no physicist, but isn't the vibrapod theory that they deform and convert energy into heat instead of transferring vibrational energy between two things that are moving at different rates? In contrast, I thought the physics behind spikes is that they couple one object to some reference (i.e., the floor) that isn't moving. I won't argue with your ears if you think your system sounds best with both, but I'm curious...