I need to be wowed

Next month I'll be starting my hunt for new speakers...new to me, at any rate.
And I will be obsessed...

What I've got:
Arcan Alpha 9
Plinius Integrated 2100i
Analysis plus 12's bi-wire
and shortly HT Pro MK2 IC's
and a *DOUZY* of a room:
http://www.geocities.com/sundaesundaesundae/audio.html
Oh, that room.I think that's the key....I learned early on how much room interaction plays in sound.

I listen almost strictly to classical music....small ensemble/piano/violin/but yearn for large scale to sound
wonderful too. Also listen to acoustical classical/folk/female singers...

What I want:Tonal quality most important....I tend to like laid back/dark sound but needs to be involving and have intensity...
and oh, yes....they must come in black.
What I don't want: Bright tweeters!

Just for comparison I had wanted to hear some stats but have been told there was no way bipoles could work with
in my room....although someone suggested Innersound Isis ....and Gradient(out of my price range)..
I had also been intrigued for a while by Newforms but the fact that most who own them feel the need to do
mods bothers me....I want to own them....not build them...

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

allegro12
Three very simple letter is the answer to your prayers....

A T C

They are from England, they've mainly only done professional sound until recently (they're in 60% of the recording studios, including Sony and Todd AO). They are finally here in the states, and they won the Stereophile system of the year for 2001. I just bought 3 of the ATC 100's for the front of my home theater. They are internally TRI-amped, so sell the amps and put the money into the best ATC's that you can afford... Check out their website for yourself:

www.atc.gb.net

When I first heard them, it's a WHOLE new ballgame in terms of performance level. They are you going to knock the tar out of the American market... Mark my words...
I turned another guy from here onto them. He wrote me an EMail the other day graciously thanking him for the lead.
All I can say is trust me, you must listen. Nothing too forward, the sound is sooo accurate, and a GIANT soundstage with the most amazing imaging. Do your research, demo them here in Denver (I'll send out contact info) and all I ask for is an email of thanks....

Here's some recommendations based on your budget range:
ATC powered 10's $2500/pr
ATC powered 20's $8700/pr
ATC powered 50's $13000/pr
ATC powered 100's $14600/pr
ATC powered 150's $25500/pr

At the CES show this year, Sony SACD booth had 5 ATC 150's for their demo of their new SACD 5.1 surround format. I've never heard better. This is NOT a sales job, I get No money for any type of endorsement, I'm a petroleum engineering manager and I'm trying to help other audiophiles get into the speakers that Stereophile and I agree are the most amazing in the world!

IF you can afford it, get into the powered 20's or powered 20 towers, it's the real breakover point. But at $2500/pr, the 10's are the BEST value for the money in that price range.
It's funny how some folks consider the terms "2K budget" and "new to me" to be such relative concepts....If you can figure out (or somebody can suggest) a way to get a quilt to stay put on the ceiling temporarily without marring the paint, you could do the experiment in acoustic treatment I mentioned above for yourself....
More to discover