The superawesome sub from ADIRE : BRAHMA

i just checked the search in speakers for ADIRE...seems no one mentioned this ADIRE AUDIO sub driver which they have appropriately called BRAHMA...the name fits...they have a 10,12,15 and a real live MONSTER a EIGHTEEN INCH...should keep the neighbors up..i got the tip on this sub from a MADISOUND.com friend after i bragged about the FOCALWX13...take a good look at the side view of the brahma 12...the magnet..WOW!!! as well they offer a super 500 watt watt sub amp the HS500..what tops it all is the super price for the quality of the products...adire audio.com
tweekerman
Sean...has one of the longest throws on the market without losing definition...sealed not ported...small cabinet will do fine...400+ amp will do it...Sean take a look at the FOCALWX13 and give me some imput on this design as well thanks...the choice may come down to these 2 very handsome subs...anybody auditioned either one?
Which model Brahma are you looking at in terms of size ? Is it the 10", 12", 15", 18" ??? If you look at their recommendations, none of the smaller drivers is recommended for sealed use. As to being "long throw without losing definition", whose words are those ? If this was a well respected individual that has a LOT of experience with different low frequency drivers, i might buy it. If you're believing what the manufacturer of a product tells you, i've got some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you..... Sean
>
Sean i see what your saying...but you will have to admit it is a very well made driver...and would be a tough competitor among other long throw subs...but i think the long throw type sub may not be want i'm looking for...i want a soft yet tight sub sound...a sound that is natural and not overwhelimg to the small monitors or the room...refer to the 2 recent thread on sub-intergration..are subs really necessary?..could a upgraded amp with slam provide better lows from your monitor woofers?...do amp power subs produce too much presence in the room?..especially if the room does not have good acoustics..subs may not be for everyone..take a look at the FOCAL WX series and let me know ...i'm going to hear the REL STORM later tonight...i'll keep you posted...Thanks again for your interesting and very helpful comments...Tweekerman