Need help on speaker choice

Need advice on speakers (all used)
1) Bohlender Radia 420
2) Acoustat spectra 11 or 22
3) Carver Amazing III
4) Apogee Cepheus 6 or Slant 6
I have always preferred planer/esl sound.
System as follows:
Carver C-1000 (300 watts @ 4 ohms)
Panasonic H1000 dvd/cd
N.E.A.R. PS2 powered sub
use = 70% music 30% home theater
Any help is appreciated as I will be living with my choice
for a long time.
Thanks,

mar4004
mar4004
Hello, Had you ever considered the Von Schweikert VR-4 series speakers or the Gallo Reference. Both throw a large soundstage with good detail and are easy to drive.Both have a planar type presentation.With the VR-4s ,you could use the sub as a LFE on movies-flat to 20hz.The good thing about the Gallos ,is their simply crossover which translates into being able to sit closer to them {depeding on room size}.Before pursuing the other choices,investigate these two products.Depending on your cables and room,either would work nicely.Good luck! Tom
The original Martin Logan CLS (before they beefed up the panel to handle more wattage) is still generally considered to be a reference against many should be compared. Ocassionally found used for under $2000. They really are wonderful.
I have owned Martin Logan Request, Acoustat, Klipschorns, Carvers, Infinity, ETC. I will tell you that with a good powerful amp, I wish I still had my Carvers. I am currently set up with an M&K home theater which is amazing but for my 2-channel listening the carver was the best. Hope this helps.