How grills affect?

I've purchased grills for my Totem Forest speakers to keep my little boy's hands away from the drivers. Somehow I've realized that the grills didn't degrade the sound but even otherwise. How did that happen? Please share your experiences.
128x128marakanetz
This has been an interesting thread, and I seem to have been brainwashed by the Vandersteen position re grillcloths. Of course on the Vand. 2C/3A speakers, the grills can't be removed anyway. But I now have the V5s and tonight I'll take the "hoods" of and see what happens. Cheers. Craig
Where can I get some acoustically transparent cloth to replace grilles on some 20 year old speakers?
Art
Art, try looking at www.partsexpress.com or www.madisound.com as they should be able to help you out. Sean
>
Well, this post got me into playing around with the grills on my speakers again. I still like what I hear better with them on. I suppose like everything, it depends on many factors, not just the speakers. I am now playing around with the grills on my speakers in my home office room while I'm here at the computer.