What happened to Red Rose R3?

What happened to the Red Rose R3, after more than a few great reviews in the major mags it is gone from the red rose web site. What gives? Was it a problem with the speaker or did they just think that the new "rosebud" was better? Anyone heard both the rosebud and the r3 and can give a comparison?
south_park
I believe the rosebud is a smaller speaker at a lower price. I am guessing that it may have a better midrange but less bass extension. The R3 midrange was a little soft. Perhaps the bass driver was designed to provide better bass extension and couldn't fill in the midrange sufficiently. Certainly, the R3 bass was surprisingly deep for a minimonitor. I'm using R3s with a subwoofer. If they expect people to use the rosebud with a subwoofer, they could redesign the bass driver better to cover the midrange. Best to go in for a listen.
Go to 1redrose.com a new website for the tube gear and the R3. On the old website they are displaying the solid state stuff.
I believe they are still available. At least they are still listed on the Red Rose website. WWW.1redrose.com

Brad