B&W 803 vs. 804

If anyone has compared these two speakers on the same system, could you share your thoughts on the differences you heard between them?
brianmgrarcom
Rlb61, one of the main differences between the N804 and N803 is not only driver size but speaker cabinet volume and that plays a significant role in their sonic differences. The N804s can sound great in smaller rooms but can get lost in larger spaces. A very important determining factor between the two speakers is what size room they are going to be placed in. I am partly biased because I opted to go for the N803 because I felt they offered a $1500 improvement in terms of scale and realism over the N804, which I still feel are fantastic speakers.
Blackie -

Your point is well-taken. My room is a typical condo livingroom/dining room deal 22x17x8 which, IMHO, is a big room. The 804s, with proper amplification, fill up the room and sound great. Don't get me wrong, the 803s are a fine speaker, I just didn't think there was a whole lot of value for the dollar or that much of a difference in sound quality. Had I not gone for the 804s, I would've gone foro the 802s ($$$ permitting) because I think they represent a significant upgrade.
There is nothing to add to the comparison between the current N803 vs. the N804. My question is since we are at audiogon, and have access to classifieds, and other resources. Does either of these speakers sound better than a used Matrix 801, or 802 which have been broken in by someone who invested heavily in a speaker, and usually took care of that investment. IMHO B&W has priced the speakers at a point where loyal listeners are forced to search for alternate answers. Thus bringing other manufacturers into play and questions like I have asked previously. I love the N803, and N804. But the prices have doused my loyalty, and enthusiasm.
My cousin has a pair of Matrix 801s with the North Creek cross-overs. The imaging is great, but I find the bass to be bloated and the highs to be sharp and grainy. The mids are great. I much prefer the sound of the N804s and 803s to the Matrix series.
Just bought a pair of 803 moving from 804, 803 is not breaking in yet so I cannot comment from what I heard so far is the base is deeper also sound is warmer only had the speaker for little over a week. Any suggestion on what is the best way to break-in these speaker and how long does it take to make it sing. Thanks, I heard it is take longer to break in the 803 and 804.