Best Dual purpose HT and Music speakers 10k

<$10k new, that way a used pair might be in my budget.

Just looking for fronts.

But obviously there has to be some sort of matching center and surrounds available for later purchase from the same manufacture to make it worthwhile for a HT application.
blueshirt
I always thought if I was building my ultimate home theater I'd look at ATC speakers. I believe the 50s are in your price range and are near full range, more slam than you'll probably ever need, and a midrange that few if any can match.

The only reservations I have with these speakers for audio are matters of taste. First, as ATC started as a professional studio monitor company and their speakers don't do some of the "audiophile" things like deep, holographic soundstages, and they don't pull off as good a disappearing act as some of those designs either. But as far as absolute transparency, tonal purity and accuracy, and incredible dynamic presence, they are hard to match. Secondly, although the woods used in the cabinets are absolutely beautiful, the speakers are simple rectangular boxes reminiscent of so many '70s era speakers.

Anyway, these are really special speakers, and if you can find a dealer I'd say they're definitely worth listening to if the "audiophile" qualities listed above are not must haves. Best of luck.
Agree with Marty, Meadowlark is a great choice. They really are wonderful speakers given their modest price (modest being relative of course). Others you should consider would be the Talon Raven, B&W N802, Revel Studio, Wilson Sophia, Thiel CS7.2, and Von Schweikert VR5.

Another alternative would be to purchase monitor speakers and stereo subwoofers.

What is your associated equipment? Might allow us to make a more intelligent recommendation.

Disclaimer: I am a dealer for Talon and Meadowlark.

Best Regards...Mike - Father & Son Audio
I have been looking at the Wilson's Sophia, not soooo expexsive. Never heard the Sophia's and am unsure if a dealer here has a set...

The Wilson center looks really cool(a plus for me, to heck with the audio gods...)

I did find the info on the Meadowlark center, it is buried in their web site. They also make a matching Blue Heron too.

Marty
If you want to get serious answers you should give us a little bit more information.
What amplification are you planning to use, what is the size of your room, what are your preferences.
Personally I think it’s better to have 2 separate systems for 2-channel and HT and spend available funds according to your preferences.
If I needed to build integrated Stereo/HT system with your budget and had a large room, I would take a look at Vandersteen 5s. Great speakers when used with good amplification and easily match with Vandersteen center, surrounds and subs.
Almost never being sold used though.
Other good choice for such system are Aerials 10t. You can easy find a pair of these. Matching Aerial center and surrounds are also available.
Can you get used Meadowlark Nightingales for that cost? I, myself am waiting for their Kite speaker.