Will a quality USB cable make a difference....

Will a higher quality USB cable make a difference when being used between a storage device (bus-powered mobile drive) and a music server (w/o DAC), as opposed to those used between a source (iMac) and USB converter/DAC? Can anyone confirm an audible improvement?
sakahara
@Chatta... everything about cables is system dependent. Tell us your experience; I for one would like to know.

:) listening,

Ed
I had a chance to listen for quite some time to a dealers setup (he used me as a guinea pig) while switching between a cheapo, decent computer(gold plated connectors) and a high end - ish 125$ cable (all 3 foot) linking a iMac to a ayre qx9 dac, ayre amps, and very nice speakers (devore??, I forget). Player was ammrra with itunes. Dealer let me pick a music selection that I know well and set to looping the section and running the pause/cable swap every couple repetitions. he was very fast and seamless. I could not see what he did or even if he switched cables every time. Unless he lies (and I do not believe that at all) the cheapo to both the decent and fancy was a easily detectable difference. I could not tell the difference from decent to the fancy no matter what. spent at least an hour with this nonsense and I was able to call the cable upon testing between the good ones and the cheapo. For me on that system the high end was not worth the money but the fact that I could hear any differences at all was a surprise. Yet another thing I dont understand but acknowledge.
Digital is digital. 1's are 1's and 0's are 0's.
It will work or it wont, if there is a poor connection you will hear it. Don't be an AudioPhool.
@Docks, I'm gonna quote Judge Belvin Perry (Casey Anthony trial) regarding your 6-14-11 post:

"What we don't know is a wide universe of things we don't know."

If you don't have the experience (aka experiential knowledge), Docks, why post a comment other than to exercise your keyboard and typing digits ("digital is digital")?

Get the audio experience of trying several HQ USB cables on a HQ system, and get back to us, & don't forget...

:) listening,

Ed
I tried a us30 cable and a us150 USB cable. Sad to say, the difference is very very noticeable. The more pricey cable is fuller, more 3 dimensional and just more flesh out midrange.
I bought the us150 cable and couldn't go back.