How long it take to run in brand new loudspeaker?

I just bought a pair of QUAD 11L Bookshelf and found that the high is bit soft, is that due to insufficient run-in?
mark
my experience was just the opposite of Bufus - new out of the crate my speakers (not quads)were very rolled off - muffled in fact. i didn't count the hours but i let them run for 3 to 4 days and the opened up just fine. be patient.
It really depends on the speaker and how hard they're run in. 50 hours at a decent volume will make most speakers start to sound mature. Many speakers take a good 100-200 hours to really sound their best.
My experience was the same as Bufus and I have found that a few hundred hours are needed before reaching steady-state sound no matter what low number the manufacturer gives for break-in. You may just have bought what are laid back speakers to your ears. Arthur
Aren't there two issues here? Maybe some tweeters have flexible surrounds, and thus will increase in output (get brighter) with breakin; likewise, and more commonly, woofers and mids surrounds and spiders nead to flex a LOT to break in, thereby FILLING IN the bottom. Maybe some do BOTH, widening the "shoulders" spectrally, as it were?
About 500 to 1000 hours. But of course, the speakers will continue to sound better and better until they break.