best monitor available?

I am looking for some input on a potential upgrade to my totem mani2's. I only want to upgrade if it is an obvious improvement (therefore no mani 2 se) and I do not want to change my electronics. (EAD amp/pre pro with latest dacs.) All listening is nearfield, 20ft w by 12 ft deep b7 8 ft high exercise area with speakers on the wide wall 1 foot out. Listening to all but classical, with a velodyne sub for lf. Large amount of off center listening of music and open to small floorstanders if necessary. Have thought about revel gems, wilson benesch, jm lab, verity and others, but only have current experience with revel and totem. I am flexible on price. thanks for your input.
emster
Zaikesman- You are correct when you say it is a floor stander, but the name of the speaker is the 3.2 reference monitor. Also Emster said
open to small floorstanders if necessary
so I figured that one of the best sounding speakers that just happens to be really small would be a great choice for this person.
I think the Mani-2s are very nice speakers, particularly their bass response for such a small package. You might try to give the Revel M20s a listen. I think the midrange and high end are a little more refined than the Mani-2s, but you'll give up a bit of bass extension and impact.
El: I consider it unwise policy to make fun of dragons (just ask that guy Sharon Stone took to the zoo... :-)