Tube Pre for Klipschorn

What tube preamp match well with Klipschorns; or should I be going the other way and use a SS pre and tube power amp(s)? If so, what tube power amp is a good match with the khorns (Quicksilver horn amps?). I trying to get rid of as much noise as possible. I'm currently using a Quicksilver fullfunction tube preamp, but it a little too noisy and I'm using a Citation XX SS poweramp.

Thanks
tbone
Marco,

Correction of the gain issue. My line stage is 27db and the phone is 39db.
Has anyone out there tried pure class A Solid State gear with their Khorns?
Yes the Ayre V3 works very well with Klipsch. in my experience. Combined w\ the GTA tubed preamp yields a nice holographic soundfield.
I've also tried Class A with Klipsch for a couple of months. My experience was with a Pass Labs Aleph 5 with vintage Heresy's. That combination also was very nice. Though it did have width and depth (first time I've heard SS have such depth) to the soundstage I would not have called it "holographic". With tubes (mini-mites) I do experience those same speakers as holographic. If I had to try to describe the difference between the two, the distinction would be in the airiness around the instruments/performers with the tube amplification. With the SS, it did indeed impart width and depth, but in comparison seemed a bit smeared and less defined in space. If I had to listen to SS with them the Aleph 5 would not be a bad choice, and if I didn't know how good Klipsch sounded with tubes I may stop right there.

Marco
In days of yore Mr. Mark Levinson used to run K-horns with his 25 watt Class A ML2s (designed principally by John Curl)before he developed the HQD system.

I agree with opinions of the Aleph 5 vs. the small quickilvers above. Marco is right on.

For low noise that sounds like music I would recommend a Pass X-1 or X 2.2(?) and the tube amps of your choice esp. if you can run all balanced. I use an X-1 with a pair of Wolcotts (no you don't need 200 watts) and the combo is quiet and sweetly musical.
You absolutely must check out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

www.Space-tech-lab.com

The have 60 models of Tube Pre-amps ranging from $350 to $3000. It's been said by many that their entry level Pre-amp beats out a couple of the Audio Research Pre's by a large margin. They also have a large variety of power amps, Dacs, buffers, etc. Even if you opt to get something else,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do yourself a favor and at least check out the site. I think you'll be quite impress. The owner of the company(Albert)hand makes his equipment himself so there's no middleman. I'll be ordering from him in about a month or so.

Good luck.