link between speaker and floor

I have used the spikes that came with my B&W n803 speakers, into tne carpet. Now we are changing over to solid laminate floors, so spikes are out. What is the best way to couple the speakker to the floor?
steve_jsd
When I moved my system to a beautiful black ceramic tile floor, I used 1/2 inch Walker Discs under all the spikes... no spike holes or scratches.
What also might work well is if you place a 12x12 1/2-inch thick or larger stone tile under the speakers and spike 'em to the tile. Gives a good solid foundation. Worked very well for me.
I like the Aurios Pros. Basically these are two metal disks with ball bearings between them. They don't have any spikes. I found they decoupled the speakers from the floor quite a bit more than spikes. I have heavy full range avalons, so the pro's were the best match.

The aurios give you more image focus and less haze. The presentation also seems to be quite a bit more natural. The room vibrates far less than before which is very good for the electronics - especially my turntable.

A potential downside is that the 'amount' of bass is perceived as being less. You don't have your room structure reinforcing it.

Another solution is to use Jenga Blocks with Home Depot cork dots adhered to either side. Works ok.
placing coins under the spikes will do it...
or get the pucks from any number of manufacturers: Audio Points' pucks are small & inexpensive
Be careful placing various "flats", "pucks" or coins underneath spikes. If you have hardened spikes connected to large, weighty speakers, the constant vibration can cause them to slowly dig or migrate through the metal "puck" and begin to bore into your flooring. I know that Bob Crump of TG Audio had a problem with this. Sean
>