Budget musical sub: sealed or vented design....

Looking to add a sub for musical purposes only...what are the pros and cons of each design?...I live in an apt and extreme volume is not a concern...just looking for the most accurate and musical bottom end to fill out the sound...cheers....I am leaning towards a sealed design...maybe the Adire Rava...any others? Hsu?
128x128phasecorrect
Gallo 150 passive sub! Make sure to stand it on end and design a stand for it!
There was an article in The Perfect Vision about subs, I believe it was last year. They describe the trade offs of each design (sealed, ported/passive radiator) and driver size, for music and films. They also rated 25 subs FWIW. I myself used 2 Mirage BPS-150i, dual 8 inch drivers in each sealed enclosure externally cross-over with an LFX-3 in stereo configuration with my vertical bi-amped Energy Veritas V2.2
Hey Phasecorrect,

You have made many contributions to that thread "time coherence - how important & what speakers?" & had many 1-1 with Roy Johnson on that thread so you know his engineering is sound. So, how about Green Mountain subs? I know Roy makes atleast 1.
I've not heard his products but am making a recommendation after reading that thread.
FWIW.
Dear Phasecorrect; ANY sub in an apt. is just begging to piss off those near your unit.(Above/ below / beside) BASS is the only thing they will hear,most likely. If you can hear it; they can hear it. Like the subs in those mini trucks; It is louder outside the truck than it is inside the truck.(Same for an apt--it excites the 2x4's ect.) Otherwise all those guys would be deaf.
SVS really makes some high quality subs.But as George said they maybe to much for your neighbors.Good luck!