Best Sub for CDM-1

I am looking for a new sub woofer for my CDM-1s. I listen to 50/50 music/HT, but music is the most important (I don't care about shaking the walls). Price range is around $1k used. I have heard the Velodyne HGS-10 in the showroom with the CDMs and it sounded amazing. I was ready to buy one and then I saw all the negative feedback on audioreview.com. The HGS-12 seems to be much more reliable.

I am also interested in the Rel Strata III(which everyone raves about) but the only one I could listen to didn't sound that great. It might not have been set up correctly.

I guess my question is if anyone has used the Rel Strata III with a pair of CDMs? Does it really sound that great and clean for music? I'm almost convinced that I don't want to go with the Velodyne because or the reliability.

Thanks,
warehouse
I use an M&K MX 125 with my Nautilus 805's and the integration is seamless from top to bottom, you can
not tell the difference, or sub location in my room,
I turn the this particular sub wayyyy down, and there is NO boom whatsoever, I auditioned the same speakers yesterday in a place called Sounds Like Music in north Scottsdale yesterday with no sub, and the difference is incredible.
I wouldnt hesitate to use this sub with any monitor.
I wouldnt buy the hype about this sub not being musical for a moment, i have listened to 100,000.00 systems that do not sound any better.
Hey Warehouse,

I second Sugarbrie on the Rel Strata III. I just added two to my system and the difference is amazing. Just adding one made my system go up a notch and a half in performance. Adding the second sub took everything to a whole different level. The Rel Strata III is very easy to integrate and is as musical a sub as I've heard. I've owned three other subs, B&W ASW-500, Velodyne FSX-12 and Rel Q100E and the Strata III out-performs them all by a long shot. If you can find one in your price range, get it and enjoy the music. Happy hunting and enjoy the new year......John
All,

Thanks for your advice. I just bought a REL Strata III and can't wait for it to show up. I'm hoping that it will fill out my speakers a little and open the soundstage.

Thanks again!