need ideas to raise speaker stands

hey guys, i need some ideas to raise speaker stands a few inches to accomadate new monitors. stands have spikes. i would like to consider raising them inexpensively as oppose to purchasing new ones, at least in the short term. i know you guys are clever!!!! give me some ideas.

alan
zonus
As DK explained above, I don't believe in coupling, for good reason. But I don't use Blue Tak. I use cheap tacky stuff you get at hardware stores, only so the cleaning lady or an earthquake doesnt knock my speakers off their stands.

Some speakers, I understand, may work better with those spikes and cones. I would go by the manufacturer's recommendation, or experiment. But I wouldnt assume that coupling is best, any more than I would assume that a rigid high mass stand is best. In fact, I'd be inclined to believe the opposite.

Of course, longer top spikes is a good idea if that's what you want to do. Not good for me. Maybe good for you.

Paul
Check out the Sistrum speaker platforms. They will raise not only the height but also the sound quality. I am not sure if this is more than you want to spend, but your speaker's performence will improve in every area. Dynamics, soundstaging, better seperation between instruments, less noise. If you have a decent pair of speakers, this could be the best gift you could give yourself. Check out the Starsound web by clicking on manufacturer's on the home page. If this is more than you want to spend, try the mapleshade triple points. Not nearly as good but not bad.
I would have mentioned (and fully agree) Sistrum, like Brulee, but I think this is more than you want to spend. Their products are quite amazing, but, again, a little pricey for many.
I hope no one thought my suggestion was an endorsement for coupling. Coupling or decoupling is system/room dependant. I was merely trying offer suggestions to the question at hand with the strategy at hand.