Question for Ex-Maggie Owners

Hello
Im curious to know what made you decide to change.
Im sure you, like most of us, change components for the sake of something new or a different "flavor" but was there
something that you grew to dislike as time went by with your Maggies.
Thanks for help,
Emil
emil
I enjoyed every minute with my Maggies the last 8 years being the central piece that everything moved and changed around them. The magic of their sound lies on the huge soundstage they reproduce and the airy treble from their ribbons-really addictive in large orchestral works. Now the downsides(ascending order):
1. No real bass
2. Thirst for watts, considerable hidden cost on amplification
3. Persisent opaque quality of midrange
4. Not up to the best in transparency, musicality and detail
I will never forget them.
opivl.. What you hear is what you hear, and what matters for you. I don't do Rock, but I do listen to some Jazz (loud dixieland) and some bluegrass. With my crossover at 70Hz, 24 dB, I observe that what sounds like a lot of Bass, usually doesn't make it down to the SW range. Bass drum in a CD of Sousa marches , and Bass Drum in some Gilbert and Sullivan recordings and the cannons in the 1812 Overture also exercise my subwoofers, but organ music (and not all of it) is the only thing that gets the SW amplifier heatsinks warm. Cannons, by the way, are even "slower" than big organ pipes.

You might be interested to check out the frequency response of pro-sound speakers...the kind used by rock bands. They don't go down that far... they are built to play LOUD! They make lousy drivers for a home-brew subwoofer.
I also have the 1812 overture and when the cannons fire, my current speakers make the house vibrate, the maggies never did that. I have a Cranberries CD with organ music in it and the low notes will shake the floor and can be felt in my chest, not so with the maggies. I go to a lot of live shows and the bass can be felt as well as heard, that can't be said about music being reproduced by maggies. I am not picking on Maggies, over all they are the 3rd best pair of speakers I have owned, I just think that they lack bass and are power hungry.