Recomendation for speakers BEST for Piano?

Listen mostly classical piano and Medieval music. No amp yet. Room is 16x25 (lively). Thanks!
slotdoc3483e9
I have a cousin who is a professional classical music performer, I lived in her house right next to her room for many years and she played her Steinway 10 hours a day if not more. Among all the speakers I have owned (over 20 pairs), Dynaudio Confidence 5 came closest to live piano. Not Wilson, not B & W, not ProAc, not even the new Dynaudio Confidence.

In fact, Dynaudio Confidence 5 was so good in many area I had a tough time replacing it. Nothing really replaced it, I am merely getting a "different" sound for a change in taste.
Muralman, there is not a speaker in the world today that cannot straight line to 20dB. 20 Hz is certainly another matter. You are confusing loudness with frequency response, which I find listeners of speakers with erratic impedance curves often do. For the record I am not a Quad owner but I feel they best meet the criteria for the subject of this thread which is reproduction of classical piano and Medieval music. As a classically trained pianist with a Steinway 'M' in my living room I am fairly familiar with this repetoire. The vast majority of this music falls easily between 55 and 3500 Hz where the Quads are peerless IMHO. With all due respect I really like your passion for your Scintillas but I wonder how you explain their demise while the Quad thrives. Also I am not aware of any recorded music that captures a 20 Hz tone so I would be appreciative if you could recommend one, especially one of classical piano or Medieval music and preferably above 20dB.
Khrys...You are quite correct about there being little in the way of music below about 50 Hz. With the exception of organ pipes and bass drums there is only turntable rumble and studio air conditioning sounds down there. If you operate a subwoofer with the grill removed this is obvious.

20 to 20,000 Hz is the accepted range of normal human hearing. Somehow this has become confused with the range of frequency needed for music reproduction.
Khrys, for your information:

Scintilla Review HiFi News:

"... the response can be classed as very smooth. The
upper section can be seen to be mildly resonant at 50Hz, the lower more dominant at 30Hz. As the curve shows, the output had not fallen below the median line by 20Hz, virtually subwoofer performance."

I rest my case.

Also this: the Scintilla is a unique speaker, even among the Apogee line. The mid ribbon and the tweeters are feather weight naked currugated aluminum ribbons. For each speaker, there are five feet of mid ribbon, and twenty feet of tweeter ribbon. The tweeter ribbons mechanically bleed off signals from the mid ribbon above 3kHz.

It is the lightness of the ribbons and their simple crossover that play the greatest part in making the Scintilla the most natural speaker I have yet heard. The painstaking force focussed magnet array is another. A 700 square inch Kapton backed aluminum panel handles the Bass.

The only reason such speakers are no longer made is because, according to one great speaker maker, "Every day for the Scintilla maker was Ground Hog Day."

The Scintilla matches the Quad's mids, and far out reaches it in the treble and bass. Yes, Medieval music and piano sound exceptionally well on the Scintilla. The difference is the Scintilla can rock too.
Ritteri - My wife has a Yamaha grand piano and plays it a little. We have no problems whatsoever telling the difference between a Yamaha, Steinway, Baldwin and a Boesendorfer, either live or on our reference system. Once a system is at the level ours is at, it's no problem.