How many audiophiles bi wire their speakers????

I was wondering if Audiogon member use dedicate cables or amps for the upper and lower drivers?..if so were you pleased with the results?..does different jumpers cables have different sound signatures?...
bmwhaus
I had my Apogee Duetta Sig's bi-wired, not a huge sound upgrade IMO. I had an extra amp of the same make but not the same model that I always wanted to try out in a passive bi-amp mode..so one day when I had to much time on my hands I gave it a try, this turned out to be a HUGE upgrade even though it is not an active bi-amp setup.

I could never go back to single amp setup now and will in the future explore active bi-amp or tri-amp setup with two subs. That said..some people do seem to report great results with bi-wire only..I did not hear it on the two systems I have tried it on in the past and don't think it's worth the extra cable cost.

Dave
My experience with biwiring and biamping differs from Dave's.

I also had Apogee Duetta Signature Speakers and tried them in both biamped and biwired configurations with one amp. In my experience, the sonic difference was not noticeable; however the amplifiers were much cooler when biamped.

I currently have Von Schweikert VR 6 speakers and although they are set up for biwiring, and could also be biamped, neither choice is currently on my list of things to do.
If a speaker is made properly, bi-wiring should not make a sonic difference. Bi-amping on the other hand will.
Mknowles16, How did you bi-amp with one amp? I may be reading your post wrong I guess and am not discounting what you have said as I can understand what works for one person may not work for another, but you did say..one amp?

Dave
I find the sound of bi-wiring is usually better than using a single wire of the same type. The only speaker in my experience for which this wasn't true was the Sonus Faber Concerto Home.

Much of the benefit may be eliminating that base metal jumper so many manufacturers use. With my Sonus Faber Electa Amator I's I had two runs of OCOS connected to the top binding posts and a high quality jumper between the top and bottom. It was easy to disconnect one of the wires anytime anyone asked the question, and the difference was obvious and convincing.