B&W 801 2or 3

I'am interested in fellow 801 users about what kind of amps works well with the 801's. I still believe this is still one of the greatest speakers evry made period. A true classic that is still awesome to listen to. I've owned many speakers of different types and I still come back to the 801's series two or three. I just can't believe you can get these so cheap. There way under priced on the used market. I like these also better than the new series. The new natilus cabinets look sort of cheap made compared to the matrix series. But there again all newer speakers look cheap on there fit and finish. Companies want more money for a lesser built product usually .Whats your opinion or thoughts on these "GREAT SPEAKERS" ?
sr65
I have a pair of 801 series 3 that I used to drive with a Rotel 200 watt RB-990BX. The setup sounded good, but shifted up to really great when I put in a pair of Bryston 7BST 500 watt monoblocks. The change for the better was immediately apparant in both detail and musical heft. I also installed the Northcreek crossover upgrades about a year ago and I am very pleased with the futher improvement in bass response, dynamics and sound staging that resulted. I prepared a lengthly .pdf with photos of the installation detailing my experience with the Northcreeks that I would be happy to email to any Audiogon member who wants to read it - just drop me an email through the Audiogon server.
I have a pair of 801 series 3 that I used to drive with a Rotel 200 watt RB-990BX. The setup sounded good, but shifted up to really great when I put in a pair of Bryston 7BST 500 watt monoblocks. The change for the better was immediately apparant in both detail and musical heft. I also installed the Northcreek crossover upgrades about a year ago and I am very pleased with the futher improvement in bass response, dynamics and sound staging that resulted. I prepared a lengthly .pdf with photos of the installation detailing my experience with the Northcreeks that I would be happy to email to any Audiogon member who wants to read it - just drop me an email through the Audiogon server.
I proudly own a pair of Matrix 801s SII I bought new back in the late 80s. I was using a Nakamichi PA7 power amp, but then upgraded in a BIG way to a Mark Levinson 336 power amp, and I think it has enough power--and the speakers sings! The only concern I have with my speakers is that repair parts for them are for the most part nonexisitant. The woofers are not made anymore, and that is a problem for anyone considering buying a pair used. If the woofer goes out, one must decide on replacing both of them with another brand of higher quality and going for an outboard crossover to dial the speakers back to specs. I plan to retire mine to my second system and drive them with a pair of Krell FPB 250 mono blocks. Any others have plans for their B&W M801s?