Any body hear the new improved Merlins at CES?

Heard that Bobby P. has upgraded the Milleniums with new crossover, some other parts, not exactly sure of all the details. Anybody familiar with the sound of the 'older' Milleniums hear the new ones at CES? THanks!
oneprof
"01-14-04: Steveallen
Is this the speaker with two drivers and in need of stands?"

No, the VSM is the floor standing monitor speaker. The stand mounted (bookshelf) Merlin TSM model requires stands. To see the VSM-MXs we used at CES, just check Audiogon's CES show coverage (pictures) for Alexis Park room # 1652.
The Merlin room was displaying the new VSM M-X Anniversary addition speakers in a drop dead gorgeous clear coat British Racing Green. The new speakers are said to improve dynamics by 15 or 20%. (More details to come from Merlin in near future according to Bobby)

The sound was excellent after opening day tweaking. Driven by the Convergent Audio SL1 mk II and SL3 monos, Cardas cables, Audio Aero Cap I transport and Audio Note DAC the sound was linear, detailed, dynamic, open, transparent and very layered. In other words, signature Merlin sound. Vinyl was spinning on the VPI HR-X/ Cardas Heart and sounded outstanding.

My own personal liking is for the Joule Electra or Berning ZH270 OTL sound, but nonetheless, the CAT monos sounded very very good on the new Merlin speakers.

Bobby was his usual cordial, engaging self and was visiting with all and allowing anyone to spin their test CD’s.

On my short list of best sounds of the show.
I’ve had the opportunity to audition the Merlin Milleniums on both Joule and CAT electronics. It’s a very different presentation, I’ll grant you that. We just happen to disagree on preference.

People who use the Merlins with the Joule will tell you that they are thrilled with the ultra dynamic, super transparent sound of the system. The thing is, they haven’t really heard what the speakers can do in terms of dynamics and transparency until they hook them up with a JL2. The Joule is a sweetie pie amp don’t get me wrong. It just tends to soften and prettify things a bit. The CAT’s strengths more closely match the Merlins strengths.

In my opinion, having heard both, you haven’t heard just how good a Merlin VSM can be till you hook it up with a CAT JL2.
Actually Philgrelle I have heard 2 Bernings with the Merlins and was stunned at the dynamic output with 2 of those amps. The bass was astounding, I'll say it again to emphasis the effect it had on me, astounding.

I expect that the Merlins like mucho power although they are efficient and work well with a minimum. I would like to hear the VSM's with a pair of Joule Right of Passage amps to get a real handle on how the amps in question might compare with the power being equal. I expect the outcome might be a bit different.
I apologize for the digression. However, I am curious which of the Audio Note DACs Bobby used at CES. Anyone know? Thanks.