upgrading caps -- easy to do?

I love my pair of ML Aerius i, and would like to get the most out of them. I have never done any DIY project, but believe that upgrading the caps in the crossover would yield significant improvements.

Is this something I could do, with no experience? Could I also do the same with the internal wire?

What would I need to complete the project?
128x128dennis_the_menace
The main thing you need to do this project is some money. Oh, and a soldering iron and solder.

Audiophile grade capacitors and inductors for the typical two-way speaker will set you back about $200 per speaker. The most difficult part of the job is figuring out a good place to locate the new components, which will be a lot bigger than the originals.
Rewiring is less complicated,I did rewire mine with
a little help from a friend.But use good wire.I used
siltech with my ML Quest.The result will satisfy you.
I have not try cap upgrade.
Dear Dennis,

***I love my pair of ML Aerius i, and would like to get the most out of them. I have never done any DIY project, but believe that upgrading the caps in the crossover would yield significant improvements.***

You are correct, upgrading the caps will provide positive effects.

***Is this something I could do, with no experience? Could I also do the same with the internal wire?***

You bet, take your time with your cap selections and rewire piece by piece and you are going to be fine.

***What would I need to complete the project?***

Soldering iron, don't skimp on the solder quality (we favor Cardas as it is fantastic and very easy to work with), time and most important... funds. It will be a very rewarding experience. Dan