upgrading caps -- easy to do?

I love my pair of ML Aerius i, and would like to get the most out of them. I have never done any DIY project, but believe that upgrading the caps in the crossover would yield significant improvements.

Is this something I could do, with no experience? Could I also do the same with the internal wire?

What would I need to complete the project?
128x128dennis_the_menace
I just upgraded the crossover in my Kappa 9's. I replaced the caps and resistors with better quality ones. I left the inductors alone. The result is they sound a whole lot better than they use to. Well worth the effort. My advice to you is get yourself a soldering iron, solder, flux, de-soldering wick and some old junk circuit boards and learn how to solder and de-solder first before you mess with the crossovers. If you are going to do this, you might as well know what you're doing.
Soldering Tutorial http://www.audiodiycentral.com/nt_soldering.shtml

After you are confident in your soldering skills, then try your hand on upgrading your crossovers. A schematic would be helpful. If you need ideas as to what caps and resistors to use, talk to Jeff at www.sonicraft.com He is a cap expert and knows what he is talking about. The results in upgrading a speaker crossover can be very positive if you do it right.
I upgraded the caps in my areius a couple of years ago. I talked to a tech at martin logan and he gave me the values of the inductors and said replacing the caps would be a great idea because they could not use premium componets at that price point. All the caps were non-polar electolytics except for a 10mfd bypass on the electrostatic element. I would start by upgrading this cap. The total capac. is in the 30-35 mfd range so it isn't cheap to replace with a premium cap but the electrostatic is where you will get the most benefit. The ones on the woofer section are very large so I used solens there for cost effectiveness. If you have any questions, e-mail me