comparation between Magnepan & KEF ref. series

Hi friends . I wish to know opinions about the MAgnepan speakers. more ecxactly about the Mg 1.6 qr . If some of you really knowabout this, please answer me. I have a pairof KEF ref. series 105-2, Would I do right chanching tham for the Magnepan ?
my ampli system is Threshold FET one preamp and Nakamichi PA 7 power amp.
Thanks
gustaty
The magnepans will have a better soundstage, be more coherent, overall everything will be better EXCEPT bass output and dynamics. Hey there has got to be some trade offs :o)
I have a set of three MG1.6. The big question relates to Planar vs Cones. That is something you must decide for yourself. You must also come to terms with the visual impact. If the Planar spatial characteristics are to your liking, Maggies are an excellent choice, and, from the cost point of view, unmatched. Within the Magnepan product line, the MG1.6 is (most people think) the best bang for the buck.
The Maggie is very critical of components upstream from them, especially the power amp which needs a lot of current to drive them properly. Also I think they work best in a larger room, bigger than my 13 x 22 x 8 room I used mine in as the QR midrange driver has considerable output and can glare if everything is not just right. Given these considerations they are truly a brilliant speaker with amazing midrange and I found them easy to set up and get great sound.

FWIW I found Jonathon Valin's review of them in FI magazine to be spot on.
Yep ..I agree with the Magnepan Gurus. Accept on the power.I listened to the 1.6QR on a 400 wpc amplifier with digital a display of wattage output at a buddys home. The amplifier fluctuated between 79.5 wpc on the bass notes and 19 wpc during the rest of the music.The sound pressure levels were near 100 db.This is also when the panels started to flap on the bass notes.
The wattage is great to a certain point but a amplifier with a decent slew rate is even better! You should be able to drive the hell out of these speakers with a 100 wpc amplifier with a high slew rate.