Build a system around speakers in the $5-$7.5K

If you were going to build a system around speakers in the $5-7.5K range (new or used) what would you buy?

Thanks and Happy Listening
bigkidz
Just read these two threads:

Merlin VSM-M or VSM-MX vs. Kharma CRM3.2 series on speakers forum
Tenor Hybrid v. VTL MB-450 Sig. thread on amp/pre forum

Merlins will end up on your short list. If you speak with Bobby@Merlin, they'll stay on your short list.

Cheers, Spencer
Holzhauer, I've heard a couple of the pairs of speakers on your list, and do not think that they compare to the B&W's. I feel as though you should give a disclamer in your posts, warning people of your own personal preferences. I would be willing to wager that B&W sells more 802's in a week than Shahinian sells in a year. Lots of people like the 802's. If you are going to give someone advice, you should include these speakers in your advice. By the way, stereophile is a joke.
Jimwitnauer,
I'm sorry I criticized a speaker that you like. I know it's irritating to hear someone criticize something you like or own. I still haven't fully recovered from Stereophiles extremely negative review of my beloved Shahinian Diapasons.
I would start off with the Martin Logan "Prodigy", under $7K used.

I have the "Ascent" today, and if I had a larger room, I would likely upgrade to the "Prodigy" myself.